Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Skins ICE / Long Sleeve Top

When I first saw this product, I had my own reservations about it. I did not think I will like this. Imagine wearing a leotard to play golf? That was my initial thoughts.

I’d first grabbed the Skins as I was worried about Dubai being too hot for me to truly enjoy my 18 holes. From my sailing background, I know for a fact that such ‘UV suits’ really do wonders in maintaining the body temperature but the downside for me then as a poor poly student was the price tag attached to such suits.

Boss suggested that for brand new Skins it will be advisable to wear the Skins one hour before tee time to let the fabric conform to one's body contour (muscles or fats)

In the morning, once I woke up and washed up, I slipped on the skins. It takes abit of coordination and effort to align the sleeves straight as it gets twisted as you slip the whole suit on.

081127b

A cooling sensation takes over the body once the fabric comes in contact with the skin. Imagine yourself immersed completely in menthol or snake powder for the local boys. I am a person who perspires easily. The cooling sensation intensifies as I begin to perspire more.

Into the game, the Skins was not as bad as I had imagined. It was not as clingy as I had expected. I actually sometimes forget that I was wearing it if not for the cooling sensation that the ICE is giving off. It did not interfere with my drives, iron shot, green-side play and even putting!

Weather was not so hot that day for me to really evaluate the true capability of the ICE Skins.

The menthol sensation still lingers after my bath. I will post another review again after a few runs with it.

No comments: